A delicious marinade and recipe for flank steak.
- 1-2 Pound Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic Pressed
- 1/2 Lemon (Juiced)
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Score flank steak on the diagonal, criss cross, both sides, with a sharp knife
- Press 2 cloves of garlic into the scores on each side
- Add fresh ground pepper to both sides
- Juice the lemon onto both sides
- Cover with wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator for at least 10 minutes before cooking. Preheat grill on high, or cast iron skillet if cooking inside. (Cast iron requires a bit of olive oil in the pan).
- Cook on each side for at least 5 minutes before turning. It's delicious when there is a slight char to the meat.
- Cook to desired temperature. Medium-rare is preferred with a slight pinkness to the meat.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut the meat thinly on a slight angle. I find it's easy to slice the meat vertically (down the center) into 2 long pieces, especially if the steak is fairly wide. This way you can wrap any unused portions that aren't sliced, which prevents the meat from drying out when reheating it.
- Serve on a salad, standalone with side, in tortilla... however you want!