Roast. Pulse. Cool.
Homemade Salsa Verde
A sweet yet tangy green salsa made from roasted tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno, and sweet onion.
- Ninja food processor or similar
- 8 tomatillos (husks removed and cut in half)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno (cleaned and seeded)
- 1/4 c sweet onion
- 1/2 c cilantro
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil (for foil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut tomatillos in half and place cut side down on foil-lined cookie sheet, with oil
- Slice 1 jalapeno lengthwise; remove seeds (unless you want it hot), and add it to the pan
- Add 2 garlic cloves to the pan
- Chop onion into medium sized chunks and add to roasting pan
- Rub oil on foil and coat everything slightly
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, turning once midway through
- Add all ingredients, including cilantro and salt/pepper to a food processor and pulse. You don't want it too smooth! Keep some thickness to it.
- Cool and serve with chips, with eggs for breakfast tacos, or use as you would with any other salsa! Enjoy!