Boy's Big Boy Burgers - with "Secret Sauce"
I finally figured out how to make the special sauce that makes Big Boy burgers so delicious!
- 1 c Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Dill pickle relish (drained)
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- Dash Onion powder
- Dash Paprika
- Dash Garlic powder
- 2 pounds Ground beef (Mix of 80% and 85% is what I used)
- 8 Sesame seed burger buns (You need two "bottom buns" for each burger)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup Lettuce (Iceberg, shredded)
- 1/4 cup Onions (Chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dill pickle slices
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour (or more) until ready to serve.
- Freeze as many bottom buns as you are making burgers. These will become the "middle bun" (if you can't find double decker buns).
- Mix ground beef with a little salt and pepper and form into patties. Cover and chill.
- Chop onions and slice iceberg, and pickles. Prepare cheese.
- After "middle buns" are slightly frozen, using a serrated bread knife, carefully thinly slice the bottom crust off to make it a"middle bun".
- Toast the buns on the grill or under a broiler. Remember to flip the middle bun to get it toasted on both sides.
- Cook burgers.
- Assemble burgers placing a bit of sauce on the bottom bun and middle bun.
- Add burgers on each bun with one of them having a slice of cheese on it.
- Add lettuce, onions and pickles, and more sauce on the top burger.
ONE SIDE NOTE: I'll be honest, I personally think it tastes more like the restaurant burger if you cook them indoors in a skillet versus on the grill, simply because they were cooked that way in the restaurant, but either way is excellent. The sauce will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator. It's not healthy, but for a decadent splurge "once in a while", it's a fun variation on a regular burger!