Preparing the Peas and Sauce
Seasoned Chicken One Pan Meal
A delicious meal cooked in 1 sheet pan.
- 4 Chicken thighs (bone-in, skin on)
- 3 Chicken breasts (boneless)
- 1/2 c Olive oil
- 2 tsp Dried thyme
- 2 tsp Dried rosemary
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Shallot (sliced thick)
- 1 Lemon (zested, and then sliced thick)
- 1 c Frozen peas
- 1/4 c White wine
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/2 c Dried Apricots
- 10 Redskin potatoes (quartered lengthwise)
- Handful Fresh herbs, such as sage, parsley, oregano, thyme
Chicken and Potatoes
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Cut 3 boneless chicken breasts in half to make 6 pieces.
- In large bowl, add breasts and 4 bone-in thighs.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 garlic cloves (pressed), and the spices and coat well.
- Quarter redskin potatoes lengthwise. Place in separate bowl. Coat with 1/4 cup olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Zest a lemon, set aside, then slice it into 4 thick slices.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking pan (cookie sheet with sides).
- Place chicken on pan at one side and potatoes on the other.
- Coat generously with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place in oven for 15 minutes, until is starts to cook slightly.
PEAS AND SAUCE
- White the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan, add 1/3-1/2 stick butter, 1 garlic clove, and shallot slices. Stir over medium-high heat until the shallots and garlic are slightly browned.
- Deglaze the pot with 1/4 cup white wine.
- Add the peas, sliced apricots, and stir.
- Reduce heat, stirring occasionally. Place on simmer with lid partially on pot.
FINISH CHICKEN AND POTATOES
- After 15 minutes, remove chicken pan from oven and toss potatoes again. Add fresh herbs and lemon.
- Turn heat up to 425° and cook for 15 more minutes.
- After the third 15 minutes, the chicken thighs should have a crispy, brown skin. Reduce the heat to 300°.
- Add the white meat back to the pan.
- Pour the peas and sauce onto the chicken and place in oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the white meat is warmed through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and plate each dish, or transfer to a serving platter.
- Enjoy with a warm, crusty French baguette and butter.
NOTE: The boneless chicken will cook faster. After the second 15 minutes, remove the white meat from the pan and set aside. Toss the potatoes again and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.