Pretzel Crumbs Make a World of Difference
Chicken, Pretzel and Sunflower Seed Burgers
A new twist to boring, dry chicken burgers.
- Ninja food chopper or food processor
- Frying pan
- 1 lb Ground white meat chicken
- 1 lb Ground dark meat chicken
- 5 Sourdough pretzels The large, crunchy ones
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5-6 Cornichon pickles
- 1 tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp each Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Blend dark and white ground chicken together in a large bowl with 1 egg.
- In a food processor, or Ninja chopper, pulse the pretzel with the sunflower seeds, dijon mustard, cornichon pickels, and seasonings into breadcrumbs, but not too powdery. (NOTE: This is where I also added about 3 tablespoons of the black bean soup I made).
- Blend the mixture into the chicken completely. Form into burgers.
- Heat olive oil on in non-stick pan. When hot, add the burgers and sear to a brown crust forms. Reduce heat and flip to cook the other side. Covering the frying pan at this point will keep moisture in the burgers.
- Serve open face with a side of homemade Black Bean soup or on your favorite bun with some cilantro and mayo.