Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Arugula Salad
- 15-20 Brussels sprouts, sliced thinly (core sliced off first)
- 1/2 c Sliced red cabbage
- 1 c Arugula
- 1/2 c Golden raisins
- 3 oz Chunk of Roquefort or Bleu Cheese (Coulet Roquefort is my favorite)
- 1/2 c Olive oil
- 1/2 c White balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Dash Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 c Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Slice of the core of each Brussels spout, then thinly slice or shave each one.
- Slice about a 1/2 cup of red cabbage.
- Add 1 cup arugula.
- Place in refrigerator to keep cold while you make the dressing.
- Add dressing.
- Add the raisins and pine nuts and crumble some Bleu or Roquefort cheese on each salad.
- In a Ninja food processor or blender, add 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp dijon mustard and 1 small chunk of fresh Bleu or Roquefort cheese.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and blend.
- Toss the dressing into the salad mix.