Preparing the Peas and Sauce
Seasoned Chicken One Pan Meal
- 4 Chicken thighs (bone-in, skin on)
- 3 Chicken breasts (boneless)
- 1/2 c Olive oil
- 2 tsp Dried thyme
- 2 tsp Dried rosemary
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Shallot (sliced thick)
- 1 Lemon (zested, and then sliced thick)
- 1 c Frozen peas
- 1/4 c White wine
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/2 c Dried Apricots
- 10 Redskin potatoes (quartered lengthwise)
- Handful Fresh herbs, such as sage, parsley, oregano, thyme
Chicken and Potatoes
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Cut 3 boneless chicken breasts in half to make 6 pieces.
- In large bowl, add breasts and 4 bone-in thighs.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 garlic cloves (pressed), and the spices and coat well.
- Quarter redskin potatoes lengthwise. Place in separate bowl. Coat with 1/4 cup olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Zest a lemon, set aside, then slice it into 4 thick slices.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking pan (cookie sheet with sides).
- Place chicken on pan at one side and potatoes on the other.
- Coat generously with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place in oven for 15 minutes, until is starts to cook slightly.
PEAS AND SAUCE
- White the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan, add 1/3-1/2 stick butter, 1 garlic clove, and shallot slices. Stir over medium-high heat until the shallots and garlic are slightly browned.
- Deglaze the pot with 1/4 cup white wine.
- Add the peas, sliced apricots, and stir.
- Reduce heat, stirring occasionally. Place on simmer with lid partially on pot.
FINISH CHICKEN AND POTATOES
- After 15 minutes, remove chicken pan from oven and toss potatoes again. Add fresh herbs and lemon.
- Turn heat up to 425° and cook for 15 more minutes.
- After the third 15 minutes, the chicken thighs should have a crispy, brown skin. Reduce the heat to 300°.
- Add the white meat back to the pan.
- Pour the peas and sauce onto the chicken and place in oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the white meat is warmed through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and plate each dish, or transfer to a serving platter.
- Enjoy with a warm, crusty French baguette and butter.