Prepping the Meal
Sear the Chops
Rosemary and Parmesan Crusted Lamb Chops
An elegant meal for special occasions
- 1 rack Lamb chops (6-8 bones)
- 1 c Olive oil (divided)
- 1 clove Fresh garlic
- 1 small loaf French bread (for breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 c Parmesan or Pecorino Romano (high quality, crumbled)
- 6-7 sprigs Fresh rosemary (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375
- I recommend to "French the Lamb Chops" which cleans them and makes for a much more elegant appearance and cleaner taste. (Link above for directions).
- Cut into individual chops
- Baste with 1/4 c olive oil, salt and pepper, and 2 springs of chopped rosemary. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat large skillet on stove until very hot
- Sear chops for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set on foil-lined baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Prepare breadcrumbs by toasting French bread until crispy and pulsing in food processor. Do not make them too powdery. It's better with some bulk.
- Pulse a chuck of cheese. Mix both the cheese and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Add 5 springs of chopped rosemary, pressed garlic, and olive oil. Do not soak in olive oil. You want it to be coated enough so it will be able to stick the chops without being too soggy. Add salt and pepper.
- Lay chops on their side and top with breadcrumb mixture. Use plenty. It's delicious.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, uncovered. Remove from oven and tent with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Arrange bones on plate. Add a garnish of microgreens, arugula, or parsley. Add a dollop of mint jelly to the plate. Serve with your favorite potato and vegetable.