Best Chipotle Salsa Ever!
I've served this recipe since 1995 and it is ALWAYS a huge hit. It's super easy to make and tastes so fresh.
- Food processor or Ninja Chopper (or blender)
- 1 can Whole tomatoes
- 1 Dried Chipotle pepper (Softened in warm water)
- 1 tbsp Whole cumin seeds (Toasted)
- 1 handful Cilantro
- 1/4 Purple onion (Small)
- 3-4 Scallions
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper each
- Place chipotle pepper in coffee mug filled with water and microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until it softens up. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, toast the cumin seeds until they are fragrant, about 2 minutes. Shake and toss so they do not burn.
- Add all of the other ingredients to a food processor, and then add the cumin seeds and chipotle pepper. Blend until it becomes a salsa texture, 30 seconds. Make sure the chipotle pepper has blended in.
- Chill. Will keep for 2-3 days in refrigerator.