Croatian Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
Lite, delicious breakfast crepes dusted with powdered sugar and filled with fruit jam or topped with maple syrup.
- Non-stick frying pan
- 3 Eggs
- 1 c Milk
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 c Flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla (I use paste but either is fine)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil (for frying pan)
- Powdered Sugar (for dusting on top)
- Beat 3 eggs and 3 tablespoons sugar with whisk
- Add 1 cup milk, and 1 tbsp vanilla, and continue whisking
- Slowly fold in 1 cup flour and continue whisking
- Heat non-stick pan with vegetable or canola oil until hot
- Slowly pour mixture into pan, creating small "semi-round pancakes"
- Watch for edges to crinkle and bubble. Flip once for 30 seconds (if that). The cooked side should be a tan brown with crispy edges.
- Place on plate. Dab any excess oil from the top. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with pure maple syrup, or a variety of jams.