Chicken Cacciatore with Veggies
- 2 - 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 Red pepper julienned
- 1-2 Summer yellow squash Patty pan, or other large yellow squash, sliced into 4-8 pieces
- 1 Large carrot Sliced at an angle for long pieces
- 1 Can whole plum tomatoes San Marzano are the best
- 1 Garlic scapes Chopped into 1/4" pieces, or 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 tbsp Ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp Mom's Gourmet "Ciao Down" italian seasoning Or mix basil, garlic, fennel, anise, oregano, thyme, black pepper together
- 2 tbsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 c White wine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add a bit of olive oil to a pan and heat
- Coat and marinate chicken with Ciao Down spices and olive oil
- Add chicken to hot plan and let it sear and cook. Flip once cooked to the other side.
- Julienne peppers, carrots and add to pan.
- Add garlic scapes or garlic and mix
- Slice patty pan squash to get large wide pieces. Remove chicken and add squash. Brown on both sides.
- Add wine to the pan and deglaze to get all the browned bits.
- Add chicken back and place on top of the squash.
- Add the can of tomatoes and squish some of them.
- Add more Ciao Down seasoning and lots of fennel powder. Add salt and pepper as well.
- Top each piece of chicken with 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese and spoon some of the sauce on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle with a bit of grated pecorino romano cheese. Leave a few larger bite-sized chunks in the pan as well.
1 oz ricotta cheese: 2 points
3/4 oz pecorino romano cheese: 3 points